Save the Children Says Eight Killed in Airstrike on Hospital It Backs in Yemen

Save the Children has condemned the bombing of a hospital in north-western Yemen that killed at least eight people, five of them were children.

A missile struck near the entrance of a rural hospital operated by Save the Children on Tuesday morning. The blast killed at least eight and injured at least eight more people.

Saudi Arabia and the UAE are carrying out air strikes in the region.

The western backed militaries of Saudi Arabia and the UAE insists they never deliberately targets civilians, but human rights groups accuse them of regularly bombing markets, schools, hospitals, water treatment facilities and residential areas.

“The hospital had been open for only half an hour and many patients and staff were arriving on a busy morning,” Save the Children said in a press release. “They included a health worker who died along with their two children.”

The executive director of UNICEF, reported that eight children are killed or hurt every day in Yemen across 31 “active conflict zones.”

 

 

“237 Hospital Bombed” by Felton Davis is licensed under CC BY 2.0

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.